Why is humidity important at the hotel?
In winter, heating up your hotel will dry the indoor air, regardless the source of heating you are using. When relative humidity drops below 35% RH everything will dry up and everyone living in this atmosphere will dehydrate. Typical symptoms are:
- Dry and itchy skin, dry hair, dry nose, sore throat;
- Contact lenses prematurely drying out and causing discomfort, sore eyes
- Dust and lint particles scatter through the air are increasing allergies and asthma.
- Electrostatic discharge, you get small electric chocks when you touch electric appliance or even when you touch someone else. Other symptom is flyaway hair.
- Illness such as flu, caused by easy transmission of airborne viruses and dry nose and throat not properly protected by natural mucus produced by our body.
- Wood working and wooden floors will crack and might damage over time
Humidifying your hotel will not only increase comfort, it will improve everybody’s health, and significantly increase the comfort level of your guests
Recommended humidity level for your hotel
The recommended humidity level for human health by ASHRAE handbooks is between 30-60%RH.
Doctor xxx does recommend a minimum humidity level 40%
How can you bring humidity to your hotel?
Most of the humidifier technologies are offered on the market to humidify your hotel.
Selection of the proper humidification solution should be based on the following:
- What is the required maximum humidification capacity (load) required?
- What sources of energy are available on site?
- How is the ventilation system installed and how is the air distributed?
- Which humidification system will require the least amount of energy – calculated for the overall HVAC system?
IER electric steam humidifier is an easy and efficient solution to bring humidity to your hotel. It can be installed on the central ventilation system or locally to humidify a specific zone, such as high end suites.
AEM evaporative humidifier is another solution to be considered when a central ventilation system is installed. Evaporative humidifier has a very low cost of ownership and operation; furthermore it can be used during summer as an evaporative cooler reducing load on other cooling equipment installed.
Contact us to locate our local steamOvap representative.