2 Lessons from COVID-19
1 – Building humidification is essential for the health of human beings.
In addition to providing good comfort, humidification of building is essential for the health of all people working or living in.
Maintaining relative humidity in offices and workplaces reduces the potential risk of transmitting viral diseases.
Many scientific studies have confirmed that an indoor relative humidity between 40%-60% will help combat against viruses spread on 2 fronts:
- Air with 40% to 60% RH will limit the spread and survival of any virus such as novel coronavirus.
- a humidified air above 40% RH will help protect mucosal barriers of human beings , resulting in an increase resistance against any microbial attack.
Here are 3 of the most pertinent scientific studies related to the subject:
“Maintaining a relative humidity between 40%-60% within the building environement may help to limit the spread and survival of SARS-CoV-2 within the built environment, while minimizing the risk of mold growth, and maintaining hydrated and intact mucosal barriers of human occupants.”
Abstract from “2019 Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19) Outbreak: A Review of the Current Literature and Built Environment (BE) Considerations to Reduce Transmission” by Leslie Dietz, Patrick F. Horve, David Coil, Mark Fretz, Kevin Van Den Wymelenberg, (2019)
“There are data to suggest that outdoor absolute humidity levels affect humidity levels inside and that simple humidifiers may be adequate to raise absolute humidity to levels associated with a significant reduction in influenza virus survival.”
Abstract from “Influenza and humidity: Why a bit more damp may be good for you!” by Jane A. Metz, Adam Finn, (Journal of Infection (2015) 71, S54-S58)
“Maintaining indoor relative humidity above 40% will significantly reduce the infectivity of aerosolized virus.”
Abstract from “High Humidity Leads to Loss of Infectious Inuenza Virus from Simulated Coughs” by John D. Noti, Francoise M. Blachere, Cynthia M. McMillen, William G. Lindsley, Michael L. Kashon, Denzil R. Slaughter, Donald H. Beezhold, (2013)
2 – Public space disinfection is a new MUST
Traditional cleaning can no longer meet the challenge of protection against infectious diseases present in a building whether it is a school, a gym, or an office building.
Tests have shown that a virus placed on the front door of a building can contaminate 50% to 63% of the office in four to seven hours, simply by tactile transfer.
Door handles, light switches, elevator buttons, bookcase, undersides and edges of tables and chairs and even walls spread germs.
We all have a role to play in the fight against the spread of viruses. One solution is to start to properly disinfect the space we are living in.
sanitOfog easy & safe disinfection
SteamOvap team has prepared and is ready to offer today a solution for easy and safe disinfection: SanitOfog mobile fogging disinfection unit.
With SanitOfog you can disinfect all surfaces, walls, doors, counters, from ceiling to ground in minutes without effort. Eliminating a wide spectrum of pathogenic organisms such as bacteria, bacteria resistant to antibiotics, enveloped or non-enveloped viruses and fungi or tuberculosis without special equipment.
Its use does not require prior knowledge or training, anybody can operate it.
Disinfectant fogging technolology is already used in Health care facilities and hospitals for years to disinfect patient rooms or operating rooms. Today we are bringing this proven technology to everyone:
- Long term care home and retirement homes: Disinfection for patient rooms and common areas.
- Laboratories: White rooms disinfection.
- Schools and children day care: Disinfection for classrooms, game rooms, as well as disinfection for common areas such as gyms, cafeteria, bathrooms, changing rooms.
- Sport centers: Disinfection for exercises rooms, yoga classes, changing rooms or bathrooms.
- Industries: Disinfection of offices, cafeteria, bathrooms, warehouse our assembly lines.
- Transport: Disinfection for bus, metro or train cars, and merchandises containers and truck.
Oxivir – Safe & efficient disinfectant
SteamOvap recommends using Oxivir. Although the SanitOfog works with any liquid disinfectant products,
It is an effective, safe, fast-acting and sustainable disinfectant. In addition to being very effective against key healthcare-associated pathogens, Oxivir Disinfectant Cleaners were formulated with the comfort, safety and well-being of staff and patients in mind.
4 simple steps :
- Prepare the disinfectant solution and place it on the unit.
- The room should be unoccupied, clean and heated;
Any material sensitive to high moisture such as paper or cardboard should be removed.
- Position SanitOfog unit in one of the corners of the room, plug it and set-up timer so that all surfaces will be in contact with Oxivir disinfectant for at least 5 min, the switch the unit ON.
- When the cycle is finished, unplug SanitOfog and move it to the next room.